Android users have long wanted to use several apps like Facetime that were available exclusively for iOS users. Not only that, several Android apps aren’t as good as their iOS counterparts and Android users often felt that they had to compromise when it came to user experience. To eliminate the woes of the Android users, a group of students studying at the Columbia University started researching on how to run iOS app on an Android device and soon came up with a solution – an emulator that could mimic the iOS environment and could allow Android users to enjoy the various apps that were available for iOS users without paying a penny.
The app was named as Cider and is available in the .apk format that can be downloaded and used efficiently on any of the recent Android devices. If you are an Android user and eager to experience how the Cider app works, then here is a detailed guide for you:
Steps to using the Cider Apk on your Android device
- First, you have to download the apk on your device. Now since the app is not available in the Google Play Store, you may have to search a bit for a trusted source to download the Cider apk.
- Once, you find a trusted source, you have to download the apk file available. You can download directly to your phone or to your PC and transfer it to your phone.
- You now need to go to Settings option on your Android device, then to Security and turn on the option ‘Allow Install From Unknown Sources’.
- After turning it on, find out the apk file that you just downloaded and open it.
- You will be asked for permission to install the apk. Allow the installation.
- Click ‘Ok’ or ‘Done’ as soon as the installation is complete.
That’s all. Downloading and installing the Cider Apk is as simple as that. Once the apk is installed and running, your device will now be able to support numerous iOS apps that are available in the App Store or from third parties and you will get the chance to enjoy these apps without paying a penny.
To be able to use the Cider app, your device should have the following minimum specifications:
- The Android device must in a good working condition and the OS version must be any of these – 7. 0 Nougat/ 6.0 Marshmallow/ 5.0.1 Lollipop/ KitKat 4.4.4/ Jelly Bean/ Ginger Bread 2.3.
- The device must have atleast 100 MB of free internal memory space.
- The device must have a minimum of 512 MB RAM. The more, the better will the app run.
Before you start using the Cider apk, it would be prudent to know the following facts:
- It would be wise that you have a good antivirus installed before downloading the apk from an unknown source.
- Also, the Cider apk does not allow any and all iOS apps to run. So, before downloading and using an app, make sure that it is compatible with Cider apk.